OThese delicious breakfast burritos make my family’s mornings a breeze. They are quick to heat up and eat on the go. They are also great, because I don’t have to spend my time making breakfast in the morning and it allows me to spend more time with my son. Plus the recipe is versatile and you can make it more simple or more complex depending on your liking.
My 16 month old loves to eat the inside mixture without the tortilla. I usually set aside some into bowls for him. This way, I can just heat the bowl up in the mornings for easy breakfast. He loves to try and use his fork and practice eating that way and this is a great breakfast for him to learn how to use utensils with.
This breakfast is great as well if you are planning a camping trip to the desert or river for the weekend because it makes for quick breakfast and no clean up! Because who likes to do dishes on a mini vacay!
Simple Breakfast Burritos Recipe
To start off, with one big non-stick pan, because I try to just use one pan for everything for easy clean up! If you are going to use bacon, I recommend cooking that first, setting aside.
Pour out the bacon grease from the pan, then just toss the hash browns right in! I either use a spatula or tongs to flip and cook with. Cook till nice and crunchy and add your seasonings, then set aside.
To save time, for this particular example, I skipped the bacon and just went for the pre-cooked sausage. I just tossed those in the pan after the hash browns to cook/heat a bit.
Next, I use one of my handy mixing bowls to whisk up my eggs. This I usually do while my sausages are heating to save time. Then, its ready to pour into the pan just as soon as the sausages are done!
I tend to mulitask a lot when I cooking, so I can get the most out of my time, so while my eggs are cooking, I just use another pan or just the burner to heat up my tortillas a little bit. This helps them to not crack when you roll your burritos!
At the end, everything just gets thrown back into my cooked egg mixture and gets mixed together. I have my cooked tortilla stack, with a paper towel between each layer. I just add my ingredients, roll, and put into a freezer friendly zip-lock!
Try them for yourself and see! Enjoy!
Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- 12 Eggs
- 3-4 cups Hash Browns
- 10 Sausages
- 12 – medium sized 8″ Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1-2 tbsp Milk to mix with the eggs
- I like to try and use one pan to cook everything for easy clean up. I start by cooking my hash browns first. I just add a little olive oil and salt & pepper and cook until slightly golden brown.
- Once hash browns are finished I place into a bowl, I then cook/reheat my sausage (I just buy the frozen stuff) but if I have leftover meat like bacon I will add that too.
- I add my 12 eggs to a bowl with some milk, salt & pepper, and whisk until well blended. I add to the pan and cook.
- While my eggs are cooking I heat up my tortillas, and cut my sausage. I like to put a paper towel between each tortilla for the ease of folding and placing into a bag.
- Now that everything is cooked and ready. I mix all my toppings into my eggs and stir.
- I spoon out some filling onto the tortilla, add some cheese and then roll them up!
- Just repeat with the remaining mixture until it is all gone. Place in the freezer and when ready to eat microwave for about 2 minutes.