I am a big sucker for chocolate and peanut butter! These famous kiss cookies are one of my favorites to eat and also make! They usually don’t last very long because everyone eats them up so quickly!
I love this recipe because its versatile. You can skip the chocolate add a little more peanut butter and just do a peanut butter cookie. You can change the chocolate to match holiday themes or even add sprinkles as well depending on the occasion.
Great for Holidays or Parties!
These famous kiss cookies, got the name because they are so irresistible! Whenever, I make these cookies for a party, they are always the first dessert to go! You can make the chocolate kiss themed to match the holiday! These famous kiss cookies are seriously the best!
The Famous Kiss Cookie Recipe!
The ingredients are pretty straight forward and easy to come by, I typically have most of them on hand so I can easily make this recipe if a craving persists. Plus it’s fun to involve the kids to help roll the dough!
I love to involve my kids in my baking! It teaches them so many good things, that they can apply to their day to day lives, as they grow up! It’s a fun project for them to feel involved and the end product is very rewarding and delicious.
This recipe, is simple to make because, I basically just throw all my ingredients in my stand mixer. I use a small bowl to put the sugar in for easy coating. Baking spatulas, come in super handy for bowl scraping! Plus, its fun to lick 👅 the batter off! I just love to use my handy cooking sheets for the baking process!
Don’t skip the step of placing the kiss cookies back in the oven WITH the kisses on. Just do it for a min or two! This makes the chocolate soft and gooey once they are cooled!
Famous Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 12 oz Package of Hershey’s Kisses Depending on the occasion you can use holiday themed chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, or mixer, mix together butter, sugars, peanut butter, and eggs.
- Once thoroughly mixed add the dry ingredients, flour, and baking powder.
- Mix well. I do like to refrigerate the finished dough for about 30 minutes.
- Once the dough firms up a little bit, roll into balls about 1″ in size, and then roll in sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with all the dough. Once finished Bake 350F for 10-15 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, I use that time to unwrap all of my chocolate kisses.
- When the cookies are done baking place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Once every cookie has a kiss in it, then return to the oven for about a minute. DON’T SKIP will make the chocolate nice and soft. Enjoy!
Enjoy! See some other great recipes!