This Penne Pasta recipe, like a lot of my dinner recipes is great, because you can make it ahead of time. I like to prep my dinners earlier in the day, so that when dinner time rolls around, I am ready.
It’s nice because, I am too exhausted from chasing my 16 month old around all day, to then have to slave in the kitchen for an hour. OH NO! This way, I can easily pop dinner in the oven whenever we are getting hungry!
Make it your own!
You can alter this recipe to your or your family’s specific liking, by adding a different meat, or no meat. You can add provolone cheese or more cheese as well if you like it really cheesy.
My son, loves this dinner! I am not sure if it’s because he actually likes the taste, or if its just more fun to play with!
I like to serve this recipe with garlic bread and sometimes a salad. You can also add zucchini to this as well. It’s easy and delicious and great to eat after a long day!
Here is a list of things, that I like to use, to makes this simple, yet delicious penne pasta!
- Pot to boil and cook noodles
- Strainer *Tip-makes for a great bath “fishing” toy for your toddler too!
- Cheese grater-sometimes if I didn’t buy shredded
- Bread Pan or 9×12 pan, depending on how much I am making
- Utensils for cooking and serving
- Cookie Sheet for garlic bread
- 4-5 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 12-14 oz Pasta Sauce Olive Oil, Basil, Garlic
- 1-2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 Meatballs
- Sour Cream
- Provolone cheese
- First start by boiling the pasta, don’t fully cook (al dente), since it will be baked.
- Prep and cook meat. I used pre-cooked meatballs so I just cut them into smaller pieces.
- Layer your pan I used a 9×5 loaf pan. 1/2 the Noodles, Sauce, Meat, Cheese, and REPEAT until pan is full. Then Bake 350F for 30 min. You can make ahead and refrigerate and take out to bake when ready. I like to serve with garlic bread.