Mom’s Penne Pasta Dinner
This Penne Pasta recipe, like a lot of my dinner recipes is great, because you can make it ahead of time. I like to prep my dinners earlier in the day, so that when dinner time rolls around, I am ready.
It’s nice because, I am too exhausted from chasing my 16 month old around all day, to then have to slave in the kitchen for an hour. OH NO! This way, I can easily pop dinner in the oven whenever we are getting hungry!
Make it your own!
You can alter this recipe to your or your family’s specific liking, by adding a different meat, or no meat. You can add provolone cheese or more cheese as well if you like it really cheesy.
My son, loves this dinner! I am not sure if it’s because he actually likes the taste, or if its just more fun to play with!
I like to serve this recipe with garlic bread and sometimes a salad. You can also add zucchini to this as well. It’s easy and delicious and great to eat after a long day!
Here is a list of things, that I like to use, to makes this simple, yet delicious penne pasta!
- Pot to boil and cook noodles
- Strainer *Tip-makes for a great bath “fishing” toy for your toddler too!
- Cheese grater-sometimes if I didn’t buy shredded
- Bread Pan or 9×12 pan, depending on how much I am making
- Utensils for cooking and serving
- Cookie Sheet for garlic bread
Amazon Fresh is so easy and convenient! Save yourself some valuable time. Eat fresh, whole ingredients, that ships right to your door! We have it made!
You have to try the FREE Trial! Trust me!
- 4-5 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 12-14 oz Pasta Sauce Olive Oil, Basil, Garlic
- 1-2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 Meatballs
- Sour Cream
- Provolone cheese
- First start by boiling the pasta, don’t fully cook (al dente), since it will be baked.
- Prep and cook meat. I used pre-cooked meatballs so I just cut them into smaller pieces.
- Layer your pan I used a 9×5 loaf pan. 1/2 the Noodles, Sauce, Meat, Cheese, and REPEAT until pan is full. Then Bake 350F for 30 min. You can make ahead and refrigerate and take out to bake when ready. I like to serve with garlic bread.
Check out some other great recipes!
I absolutely love Amazon Prime for all of my shopping, it’s so easy and free delivery is the best! Especially with the amount of shopping I do! So many great perks!
>Instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes
> Borrow Kindle books
>Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)
Start Your FREE Trial!