With our busy day to day lives, it is sometimes hard to figure out what we want to eat with so many choices out there. It is not always easy to choose the healthy ones. This casserole recipe is a great option!
As a busy mom, I am always looking for ways to feed my family and offer them a healthy meal. I tend to just throw things together and hope that they taste good. Well this recipe, was one that I came up with, from doing just that.
I love to shop at Costco! This place is the best to buy things in bulk and allows us to save money in doing so. I try to go there every two weeks or so. I typically buy my ground beef in bulk, as well as my fresh broccoli, shredded cheddar cheese, and heavy cream. With trying to eat a low carb or Keto diet, it’s always good to stock up on your meat, vegetables, fats, and cheeses. It does sometimes get hard or boring, to always buy the same things like meat and vegatables for example. But, it also allows me to try new recipes and get creative with the trying different ways to make the same foods, and turning them into some new and amazing dishes.
Getting Creative with Casserole Dinners
This is how I was able to come up with this delicious, healthy, creamy, and simple dinner casserole. It comes together quickly and you just put it in the oven, spend time with the family waiting for dinner to cook, then enjoying a nice dinner together, when it’s finished. It’s that easy! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
Simple Keto Ground Beef & Broccoli
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2-3 Cups Broccoli
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×9 inch pan with foil. Add ground beef and spread out to cover bottom.
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite sized pieces. Add to pan.
- Add your water over top of beef & broccoli. Then cover pan with foil and bake 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
- While baking, make heavy cream sauce. Heat cream in microwave safe container * this is where the Pyrex measuring cup comes in handy* heat a few minutes. Add cheese and stir.
- Take pan out of oven & drain excess water from bottom of pan. Just pour pan over sink & be careful not to burn yourself or spill the casserole. Add cheese sauce over top and bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool slightly and enjoy!
Here’s some great products, I use to make this recipe come to life!