I love the holidays, because I get to bake sugar cookies! Well, doing a low carb diet or keto diet, sugar cookies are out of the question. These keto clover sugar cookies turned about very tasty and festive! My toddler absolutely loved them!
This gave me the idea, to make my own version, that I could indulge on, and still stay in my healthy ‘carb range’ for the day. Take the ‘sugar’ out of your sugar cookie with this keto clover “sugar” cookies.
I loved making these cookies. It’s fun to be festive with these little holidays with my kids. They really do enjoy all these little festive treats and traditions.
Growing up, baking sugar cookies with my mom, was like a right of passage. I was always excited for the next little holiday to pop up during the year. Because, I knew it was time to pick out my favorite cookie cutter and get to work!
I came up with these recipe, by altering my moms famous ‘cut out sugar cookie’ recipe, that we made time and time again. I didn’t want to have to give up this fun tradition, just because of my new eating lifestyle.
So, I decided to alter this recipe to fit my new eating lifestyle. That’s how these keto clover “sugar” cookies got their inspiration! I can’t wait for you to try them out!
The Keto “Sugar” Cookie Recipe
Using my hand mixer, works really great, for a lot of my low carb baking recipes! This makes, these recipes quick and easy to start! The dough whips up pretty quickly, and I like to multi task and make the frosting while the dough is refrigerating.
You can use a zip lock bag and bite the tip, to pipe the frosting, or you can use a cheap piping bag. You can also, keep it plain and just skip the frosting all together. These cookies still taste delicious, even without the frosting!
Step by Step Instructions
Here is the step by step keto clover “sugar” cookie recipe. I hope you can find time to have fun baking in the kitchen with your kiddos, or friends! Plus, getting to enjoy the cookies afterwards, is the best part!
Keto Clover “Sugar” Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter softened Kerigold
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 TBSP granulated Swerve
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsp Butter softened
- 2 Tbsp Confectioners Swerve
- Green Food Coloring
- Using a hand mixer, cream together softened butter and sweetener.
- Then add egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and mix.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, pinch of salt, and baking powder. Mix together. Refrigerate for 30 min, or while you make the frosting!
- Once refrigerated for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F, and roll dough into a 2 in” round ball.
- Press down with fingers to make slighly flat!
- With a baby spoon imprint petal design! It works best to dip the spoon in some water so that the spoon doesn’t stick to the cookie, making a nice impression.
- You can do three petals..
- Or four petals, or both!
- Repeat with all the dough, then bake 10-15 min at 350 F.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together softened butter, confectioners sweetener, vanilla, and heavy cream. Combine.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to make it green for the clover! And place into a piping bag or zip lock!