As much as I LOVE tortillas, eating a low carb or Keto diet, you can’t really eat tortillas. Unless you make them homemade. Well, if you don’t have time to always do that, then this keto pollo Asada salad recipe is a great alternative! Yes, it’s not as good as tacos. But it does tastes good, is easy to make, and is good for you to eat!
Keto Pollo Asada Salad
This is one of those recipes, that I love to simplify for myself. There are a few ways I do this! One, I use my oven to cook my meat, this allows me to be able to prep the rest of the salad very easily while the meat is cooking. I do like to cover the meat, while it’s baking so it doesn’t get dried out. While it’s cooking, I wash and cut my lettuce, make my dressing, cut the onion, avocado, and add my cheese to a big bowl! That way when the meat is done, I can just cut it up and toss it in the salad!
Since, we do a lot of our shopping at Costco, the package of pollo asada usually lasts us for 2 meals. This way I have extra meat to make another dinner or lunch with! I love being able to double up on my grocery list and use one item for multiple meals! This is how I save money, and don’t waste food!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! My 2 year old loves to eat salad, which I think is awesome! He is at that stage where he copies what his parents do, so it’s great that he can just eat all the same meals we eat! This makes it super easy to cook because, I don’t have to worry about making something extra just for him, although sometimes depending on the meal I might!
This is a very versatile recipe! You can use any lettuce, spinach, or combination that you have on hand. You can also use just regular chicken and add your own spices, this is especially helpful when you buy meat in bulk or if there is just one or two people eating. That way you can have chicken one night and then a spicier version in a salad another night!
Pollo Asada Salad
- 1 Package Pollo Asada
- 2 Bundles Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1-2 Avocados
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 Cup Taco seasoning
- 1/2-1 Cup Sour Cream
- Cilantro Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Or use a BBQ. Cook pollo asada thoroughly. Usually takes 20-30 minutes in the oven.
- While chicken is cooking, wash and use your hands to break the romaine into bite sized pieces, add to a large bowl.
- Then cut avocado & desired amount of onion & cilantro, add those to bowl. Sprinkle in shredded cheese.
- Once chicken is done cut & add to bowl. Make dressing by mixing the sour cream & taco seasoning & add to salad. Once all the toppings are in the bowl, then mix it up! Enjoy right away!